If you've read my blog or follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you've probably noticed that I like finding spiritual messages in everyday places. Sometimes I'm watching a sitcom or reality show when someone's comment peaks my interest.
Earlier this year, I started designated certain celebrities and other public figures as honorary Spirit Drivers. These are people who have demonstrated the principles from my book, Driving to Success: Let Your Spirit Take the Wheel in their professional and personal lives.
So far, I have bestowed the Spirit Driver designation on the following individuals. They received a personal letter (an excerpt is included in the linked blog post) and an autographed copy of my book.
- U.S. Surgeon General, Regina Benjamin
- Baja Fresh CEO, David Kim
- Actor, Singer, Producer, Donnie Wahlberg
Since I let my Spirit guide me on when to make these Spirit Driver designations, I don't have a particular number that I'm giving out in a month or a year. Also, I don't take recommendations from others (sorry!). Instead, I just allow the messages to find me. Since the media often focuses on the crazy mishaps of celebrities and other public figures, I thought I would focus on putting some positive energy out there.
So, what exactly is a Spirit Driver? It is someone who meets many, if not all, of these criteria:
- You're authentic to who you are instead of living someone else's dream.
- You keep an eye on your GPS and enjoy the journey on the road of your professional life.
- You understand that Money is just one of your possible Success Drivers.
- You believe that you have a Destination (Mission) to reach through your professional life.
- You regularly Turn on Your Signals to recognize your role in the Universe.
- You shift Gears, when appropriate, based on the Signs you receive from the Universe.
- You aren't afraid of making occasional U-Turns.
It's always a pleasant surprise to receive an acknowledgement, but that isn't the point of this exercise. It's just a fun way to reach out to others and let them know that their efforts aren't going unnoticed.
Also, please know that I'm not saying that these individuals are perfect. That isn't what being a Spirit Driver is about. Instead, it means that a significant event in their past or something about the way they live their lives now continues to meets the above criteria.